Thursday, November 10, 2011

Occasional Table

Let me tell you that this table had issues. It was an outcast, disregarded and forgotten...
To some it seemed doomed. The top is warped, the legs are wobbly.. But to me its pretty special.
This how she looked after a good cleaning and some tightening of the legs. While it was flipped upside I found a carving on the bottom that I had never seen before. After searching the Internet for the inscription I came up empty. So I am assuming this was a handmade table, not by an actual company.
This is after 2 coats of Annie Sloan's French Linen. I wanted the top to be spotty for the final effect... trust me, I meant to do that.
Here she is up close so you can see how wonderfully the dark wax brought out all the grain lines.. or mistreatment.. It made it even more "layered" than I originally thought. LOVE IT! Hope you do too!
I am currently working on an antique dresser.. so I have to get cracking! Friday is going to be a crazy day.. and I want to get a little head start! My daughter will be 5 on Monday.. so trying to prepare myself (and my house) for possibly a dozen preschoolers to ransack our space for her birthday party on Saturday!
Happy Early Birthday
Maggie Malloy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bri,
    Love how the top of this stand came out, great job. Also the dresser in the upper post, love it. It's one of my favorite styles and the fact that it has good bones makes it all the better..

    Shabby Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete