Friday, November 4, 2011

Oh Coffee Table.. you tease me...


This table entered my life by chance last week. I walked by it once, then twice.. returned the third time and put it in my car. The carving on the legs were sweet and I am a sucker for anything on wheels- Yes! It has wheels!


This is the "before" of the coffee table.. oh I added the cat for effect... but it didnt work. Even with a sweet calico in the shot, it doesnt improve the look of this poor thing.


The carving gets lost in the dark stain. Someone worked hard on this.. I want to show it off. I used Annie Sloan's French Linen and then put a dark wax on it.


This was the begining of the distressing process. I put alot of wax on it, so I knew I was going to be doing some heavy sanding.


I am soooooo in love. .... I'm gonna need a minute.


I will definatly be doing this combo again soon... very soon.

OK, Until then.. Off to do mommy stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment