Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Road Trip!

Its been months since I was able to leave my Poppy off springs at home and venture off by myself. So when the chance to get away came up- I took it! Originally this trip was for one reason, to run a freaking Zombie themed 5k race. I am not a fan of Zombies, you surprised? You shouldn't be. Totally not into the whole undead thing. I will get to the results of that disaster at a later time. But until then, lets talk about my AWESOME travel detour! I left my house Friday morning after the poppy seeds were off to school (made me feel less guilty about leaving). My final destination of the day was to be in Annapolis Md. But I had about 10 hours to kill before my sister cousin would be home.

I had my eye on Hagerstown Md. Where the coolest ladies are getting together and opening a "Warehouse"  to showcase their awesomeness! These ladies love anything vintage, old, shabby and farm house funk.. these girls speak my language!



 This breathtaking settee is by the lovely Repurposed & Refined. I can't even begin to tell you how sweet these two ladies are. I was able to meet and chat with Denise. She showed me around and made me feel so welcome. I really hope these photos do justice to how beautiful all the decor really was in person.




You really forgot you were in a empty warehouse. From the outside.. yep. That's a industrial warehouse, but as soon as you stepped inside.. BAM! You had been transported into a french farmish (yes, "ish" is needed) building filled with the most lovely furnishings you had ever seen. I was overwhelmed slightly at first. I didn't know where to begin.  At one point I could barely operate my camera.. "oh no, I'm gonna miss something". "Do I have enough time to touch and explore all the wonders hiding in here?" "Would I ever make it to Annapolis?"-  Just forward my mail, I'm staying.

  
It really was almost too much coolness in one place. My tiny little brain almost exploded.


These adorable nightstand/side tables were by CariLin Creations, another fab vendor who was showcased. At one point I screaming inside, I wanted so badly to take everything home! Reality struck and I realized I'm driving a Honda 2 door. Never gonna happen.


I think I stared at this cabinet for 10 minutes. The color was amazing. It was green, no wait it's cream. Denise told me that she painted it in a Annie Slaon chalk paint and then covered it in a dark wax. The details are impeccable. I can't get over how amazing this is... excuse me as I drool a little.


I was then blown away by this graphic done.. Maybe you have seen it before? hmmmm???
I did my version from The Graphic Fairy on a desk a few weeks ago. I love this so much.


Come On! How fab is this old futon and burlap cushions! Lets not overlook the level of coolness that comes with these burlap pillows. Again, my brain may explode.



It's really hard for me to describe what it is like to walk into a building and instantly feel electrified.. All of this made me sweat ( really it did). Truthfully, I may have been there for 3 hours. I left with 5 business cards in my pocket and a few new friends!

To find out more about the gals who create these amazing finds, check out the links below. Beware, this will become an addiction. Seek professional help asap!






Until then, I'm off to do Mommy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment